Healthy Eating – The Top Five Foods To Keep In Your Refrigerator At All Times
Hitting the grocery store and not sure what to stock up on? We have put together a list of the top five foods you must have at all times if you want your diet to be as healthy as possible. Consider these staples of any diet plan. They are not only rich in vitamins and minerals but loaded with other benefits like antioxidants and probiotics as well.
Run through this list and make sure these items are in your grocery shopping plan…
1. Spinach. As far as nutrients go, you are hard-pressed to find a better option than spinach. Spinach is loaded with…
- vitamin C,
- vitamin K,
- B vitamins,
- folic acid,
- calcium, and
then offers a wide array of antioxidants as well. At a few calories per cup, it is also a perfect food for helping to keep your bodyweight in check.
2. Bell peppers. Want to prevent the common cold that always seems to hit? Try bell peppers. Most people think of oranges when we think of vitamin C rich foods, but the truth is bell peppers contain just as much of this antioxidant.
Bell peppers also add a delicious sweet taste to the foods you are preparing as well, making them a great way to liven up any recipe.
3. Avocados. Have you forgotten about avocados? If so, you are not alone. Many people neglect to add avocados to their diet because we just do not think about them as a fruit. This is because they are very high in fat content but that does not mean they should be neglected. Just serve them up as a fat source in your diet, and you will be just fine.
Avocados are loaded with vitamin E, which will help keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy while preventing oxidative damage. They are also a great source of dietary fiber so will help keep your blood sugar levels in check as well.
4. Berries. Having berries of any kind in your refrigerator is another must. Berries are loaded with antioxidants and are very high in fiber while containing just a small dose of sugar. Take raspberries for instance. You will get more dietary fiber than you will sugar with this berry, so it is perfect for bodyweight control and blood sugar management.
Whether you opt for blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries, all berries will do your health proud.
5. Eggs. Finally, do not forget about eggs. Eggs are a fantastic protein source for any time during the day, not just breakfast. Serve them scrambled, hard-boiled, poached, over easy, or in any other manner you please.
Have a look through your refrigerator. Does it contain these items? If not, put them on your list and buy some today.